Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 10, 2010

I am Grateful

Lately I have felt as though I want more and then a thought came to me...Maybe I am not grateful for what I have. When I look around me I know I have so much to be thankful for. There is so many Dreams that have become realities and miracles have become a part of daily life. When I look at my sweet baby I am reminded everyday that he is the reason for my mission being here on this Earth, he is my miracle. I am eternally grateful to raise such a faithful servant. I am grateful that our world still has life, that the spirits in the pre-mortal existence still have missions to complete and that I get the opportunity to raise one of our Father in Heaven's children from the "Choice" generation, what an HONOR it is to be a MOTHER. I think back to the days when I thought I would never be able to conceive a child and adoption seemed like a very distant mirage, how my heart ached for a child. There were many days where my arms would feel heavy with emptiness with what should of been there. I would look at other mothers with bitterness and go home and cry myself to sleep in Bryan's arms. My heart is full of hope for those that are living the reality that I lived, knowing that my call was to be a mother, but the timing was not right. As I type this with my sleeping baby in my arms I am GRATEFUL beyond anything imaginable. I am grateful for the MOTHERS in my life that have showed me through EXAMPLE what a good mother is and I try to make them proud through my mothering. My heart aches for the sweet mothers who have lost a child, (my mother included) a trail that I fear would break me, their strength is nothing short of heroic. I am GRATEFUL for eternal families. I can not wait to see my brother again. I can not wait for my dear friend to raise her angel. I am GRATEFUL that our Father in Heaven loves us more than we love him, when I am angry with him for giving me trails I know he still loves me, he helps me understand that my trails are blessings in disguise. I am GRATEFUL for a good MAN who loves me for who I am, who is an exceptional FATHER. I am GRATEFUL to wake up at five in the morning to a crying baby who is hungry. The quite moments I get to feed and rock my miracle back to sleep. Life is a blessing.

1 comment:

Travis & Adrienne said...

Well said. Absolutely beautiful.

Give your miracle a kiss for me. I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day. :)