Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finding Greatness

I'm finding lately that I can find myself in a rutt more times than not. To get myself out I am going to start focusing on the good and the greatness of life. My goal is to post something that is great, something that maybe just be an everyday something or it maybe something rare or maybe it will be a miracle. I will name this my Greatness Project. Today's Greatness- Good examples- In my life I can name handfuls of people who have made an impression on me for good. If I take these handfuls of people and break them down I can count on my fingers and a few toes those who have been an example to me. Now, I say "example" in a heavy context, many people can be an example, but a real example to me is someone who, because of their impact I will knowingly try to be more like them and not just think to myself what a great person they are. Does that make sense? My examples range from Christ on to complete strangers. Today I had some time to reflect on a wonderful example of mine, not just a wonderful example, but a GREAT example; a person who generates greatness, who lives their life to the fullest and always tells others how happy they are to know them, someone who loves without selfishness. How lucky I am to have such examples. I hope to surround my little J with wonderful people whom he can draw greatness from. I hope I can be an example to my son. I am going to work harder at being an example to strangers. Today, I found greatness in examples.

No comments: