Our Family
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Evaluation Outcome
As suspected Jason has a delay in his responsive speech, but is a genius in his receptive speech (okay, he tested off the charts in receptive, so to me that's genius). Jason's case will be presented to a board of professionals who will all go over his results and they with Bryan and I's help will come up with a plan of how to best help him. I am not sure if I should be happy or sad, I am happy that there are resources to help him and that I am able to stay home and really focus on this with him instead of having to work and rely on a babysitter or daycare to work with him, however as a parent it is hard knowing that your child has a delay that could hinder him if it's not taken care of properly, you always want your child to do everything they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it and even before. We were given a few different things to work on and even in one day we are getting him to mimic us, which is great! The evaluator said if his receptive speech wasn't so good she wouldn't be as worried as some kids are just slower at speech and catch on later. I am just glad we've caught this early and that we can help him before he may really be behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment