Our Family
Friday, November 11, 2011
If I Had a Towel...
If I had a towel I'd be throwing it in right about now. What an adventure we have been on the past few weeks. Bryan had surgery on his ankle this past Monday which went relatively quick. Once we arrived the nurse took him back and within about 30 minutes they came to get I and Bryan's dad (he was nice enough to take the day off to hang with me and be there for Bryan) When we got back into pre-op we had to wait outside the curtain for a few minutes as they were still trying to get his IV in it took 3 different people and 4 tries to get a line in him and he has the bruises to prove it, poor guy. Once they got the IV in they let us sit with him for a few minutes while they waited for the anesthesiologist to come talk to us and sign papers and what not and then Dr Bacon came over to see if he was all ready. They took Bryan back about 12:30 and the wait began. At about 1:30 Dr. Bacon came out to tell us all went well and Bryan was in recovery and we'd be able to go back soon. About 2:15 we were able to go sit with Bryan in recovery where he was already awake and shivering like a mad man. He was pretty darn cute coming out of all the anesthesia and kept asking the same things and repeating things cause he forgot that he had already said whatever it was. The doctor placed a plate on the outside of the ankle and two screws to hold it one screw through the broken bone to hold it and one huge bolt like screw all the way through the ankle which will need to be taken out in a few months, so another surgery is in the future, however this one will be a lot less invasive. Bryan seems to be doing pretty good now, he was in some major pain the day after surgery and even the day after, but now he's managing pretty well with very little pain killers compared to what he was on. the biggest thing that is getting to him is cabin fever as he's not used to being stuck in the house this much. While all this is happening Jason thought it would be a good time to catch a cold, which meant he didn't get to go to anyone's house to play this week and he too has cabin fever. I then thought it would be fun to catch Jason's cold and man it's no fun at all! Yesterday morning I woke up vomiting so hard in the middle of the night, but I wasn't sick to my stomach what so ever it was just strange, so when I woke up this morning doing the same thing and started contracting I had my mom and dad take me to Labor and Deliveryat 3 this morning, which would be my first visit with this baby other than when I had to do steroid shots. After being monitored for a little over an hour and no change in my already dilated to a 4 cervix they gave me some phenagren (anti-nausea) and said they'd see me in a few days... Needless to say phenagren knocks me out completely so when i got home I slept till 1 this afternoon still wiped out. Between the phenagren and my cold I was pretty sure I was going to die, a couple of times this morning. I don't remember a time where I was so miserable and for that I am grateful as I hope this one fades from my memory soon. This is what I mean by wanting to throw the towel in. I am ready to say I give up, I can't take anymore! However, I know that I am only given what I can handle and I really hope this is it. I am just keeping my eyes on the big picture, that being in just a short while I will have my little Benson in my arms and my family will no longer be 3, but 4. I. Can. Not. Wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment