Looks like we don't always get what we want... Looks as though Bryan will be getting surgery on Monday the 7th. The doctor will be placing a plate on the outside of Bryan's ankle since the break has bent everything that way, the plate will stop the bending and reset the leg and ankle the way it should be. While they are in there they will evaluate the tendon and ligament damage and fix what needs to be fixed also there is a chance that they will need to place a bolt of some sorts to help set the ankle and if they have to do that they will have to remove that four months following the first surgery, so we are hoping to not have to do that. Best case sceniaro surgery would be a 6 week cast and after splint with two months no weight on the ankle, worst case with the bold and all is four plus months no weight on the leg... I guess we find out Monday what will happen.
Until then I am going to do my best to not have this baby and hope that baby Benson will hang on at least a week after Bryan's surgery which would put me just over 37 weeks and if he wants to hang on longer that is fine too. The longer Bryan has time to recover the better on him and all of us. I am surprised how at peace I am at all of this uncertainty and keep wondering at what point I will break down (maybe it's the body's natural way of not letting me feel the stress to protect the baby), I am sure all the prayers have helped calm me. I can only pray that the surgery goes smoothly and that baby Benson arrives safely when the time comes. Thanks to those who read this and have said prayers for us they really have helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment