Today all I can ask myself is "So, is there anything else coming our way?" ...
We had quite an adventure today. Early this morning Bryan and his dad went 4-wheeling up American Fork CanyonAbout 1pm I got a phone call from Bryan's mom telling me"there's no need to worry, but Dad is taking Bryan to the emergency room" apparently Bryan thought it was best for me to hear it from someone who could be at the house right away in case I flipped out, which I didn't at first. I did really good controlling my emotions and not stressing out until I knew if there was something to stress about. I got to the ER right as Bryan and his dad did, Bryan was in a lot of pain, but was such a strong guy you would of never known something was broken. While at the ER Bryan had to have some x-rays and the doctor came in let us know that Bryan has broken his fibula a long diagonal break as well as a sprained ankle and damage to ligaments and tendons in his ankle as far as the damage we won't know till we see the orthopedic surgeon this coming week . We are praying he doesn't need surgery and that the break is something that he can heal from easily, but again won't know till next week... As for now Bryan is in a boot and on crutches with orders to stay off his leg and no weight on it for 4-6 weeks. Did I mention we are having a baby in less than 4-6 weeks... Right now we're in a limbo trying to not anticipate the worst, major ankle surgery and more time to recover. I am doing everything I can to not stress over what is not done for the baby that Bryan has been trying to do while I've been on bed rest. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and he's trying to teach us something (maybe it's to not procrastinate, though at this point if it's this, it's become a punishment for procrastinating) Whatever this lesson is I hope I learn it soon, because I am not completely sure I can handle anything else. On one hand I am completely concerned that we are so far from ready to have little Benson and on the other hand I can't wait for him to be here! Oh what a day! I believe in Christ, so come what may!
No comments:
Post a Comment