Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 10, 2011

32 Weeks & Still Counting (we hope)

So today I had my 32 week check for baby Benson... Doc said his heart sounds and looks great and his measurements are good, so baby is good! I, on the other hand am already dilating...As of now I am at a 3 and my fluid is lower than they would like to see it. Right after my appointment the doc sent me to the hospital for a NST (non-stress test) to make sure I am not contracting and not noticing (can you not notice those things???) and just to double check that Benson is doing okay, which he is. I was also sent over there to get a steroid shot to help Benson's lungs just in case he decides to come earlier than we think he should (which anything before 36 weeks is no good). So for now I am DOWN, doctor said I have to stay down absolutely as much as possible and more than that, or he will put me in a situation where I will have to stay down (hospital) So for the sake of my sanity and of course my family consider me down... This should be an interesting three to four weeks. As for after 35-36 weeks I can go back to "taking it easy" and if the baby comes, he comes. Well, I have another appointment on Friday to check again if I've dilated more, another steroid shot tomorrow for babies lungs, another ultrasound appointment next Tuesday to check my fluid level... So... That is what 32 weeks has brought us. Here's to a few more weeks of keeping this little guy inside, keep your fingers and arms crossed for us with prayers and good vibes.

2 comments:

The Kaufmans said...

Prayers headed your way..also let me know if you need me to take Jason for a play date. Shiloh loved playing with him at the park and we are more than happy to help out!!

Angel said...

Thank you so much, I might take you up on sometime. :D