Our Family
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
AHHH...What A Champ
I'd like to say I played it cool the whole time, but at about 10:45 I started to panic. By the time 11:00 rolled around I was chomping at the bit and then the doctor came in and told us everything went really well and I'd be called back to see Jason in the post-op in a few minutes...20 minutes later I was fidgeting like crazy wondering when I would get back to my little man. The next 5 minutes (which felt like an eternity) were an eternity. As I walked back to where Jason was I couldn't help but giggle to myself knowing that all was well after so much stress. My little champ earned the name "The Churub" from the nurses because of his chunky yet sweetness. When I saw my baby laying there he looked so sweet and sad all at the same time. Jason slept quite a bit, when he woke up he ate well and thank heavens I breastfeed, because we were able to feed him sooner since formula is considered a solid oposed to breast milk. After checking Jason's vitals again the nurse cleared us to go home. So here we are....I wrote this about two hours ago...we just got home from the doctors office as Jason receded into the adheisve dressing, so we went to our pediatrician and he was able to cut some of the dressing off so that Jason could go to the bathroom properly. Man I'm exhausted and ready for a nap, Jason is napping (Pretty sure the lauratab (spelling?) is the reasoning behind that). All in all everything is going good, now just time to heal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear things went well. Isn't it funny how the second we become moms, we stress over the littlest things when it comes to our little ones!
it's hard to leave our little ones Brock had surgery on his tendons when he was 3 months and although I was fine my hubby was freaking out! thankfully there are really great doctors and nurses to take care of our little ones when we can't be there
Post a Comment