What a wonderful time of year. It seems like everyone says that about Christmas...Why is it that the two Holidays associated with Christ are so great? I think it goes without saying. I always look forward to this time of year with Easter, Conference and Our Anniversary on the tail end of it all bringing us into warmer weather. I think they should call Spring, "Refresh" instead of Spring.
Something that has nagged at me the last day or so (I'm ashamed to admit that I never thought of it till lately): Why is it that the holidays based upon Christ (especially Easter) we receive gifts? Christmas, Our father in Heaven gave us the greatest gift, so we show that in ourselves to giving to others. Easter, Christ gave of himself and gave us the greatest gift to have in this life, the ability to repent and be clean of our sins. Those are the reasons I came up with, but has the gifts and the novelties involved taken over what and who Christ is? I couldn't be happier that Conference is on Easter this year, oh how I need it. I look forward to hear the testimonies of the leaders of my church and they're undying love of our Father and Brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment