Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 14, 2009

One Week Old!





Well we've made it to the one week mark! Happy one week birthday little one! I can't believe how much he's grown. Jason has been doing well the only thing we have had to face which has been a little bout with jaundice. When we left the hospital his bellirubin level was medium low, so they told us to get it checked in 48 hours. Friday was a big day for Jason, his first Doctors appointment and a visit to the Lab for a blood level for his bellirubin (which he completely slept through). Jason's levels were up to a 14 instead of a 7 (where he was at first), so we had to do more feedings and a little formula, so we had to go back to the lab on saturday and get checked again and he was above a 17, so the doctor ordered a Bellilight (a mini looking tanning bed) that he had to stay in 3 out of 4 hours. I was so sad when they dropped the bed off, I just wanted the jaundice to go away without him having to stay in a bed where I can't hold him and love him all i want. Sunday morning we had to test his blood again and it was at a 14 again, so we made progress!!! The doctor said to leave him on the lights till Monday, so today we took him and he was at a 12!!! No more lights! I have just been holding and loving him all day...oh I am so in love with him!!! Today was Bryan's first day back to work, so I was an "at home mommy" all by myself (with some help from Aunt Alysson). Bryan was so sad to leave us this morning as we were to see him leave, but we had the chance to see daddy at work today. We have had so much fun with him and are loving every minute of the nonsleep. i'll keep you all posted

1 comment:

CodyandMelissa said...

Congratulations! What a cute boy! Jackson had Juandice too and we got rid of it by feeding him a ton! So feed, feed, feed as much as you can! He is sooooooo adorable!