He's here!!! Jason Christopher David Adams 7lbs 11 oz Born 9/7/09 at 10:54pm!!!
I can not express in words the joy I find in our little man's eyes. He is perfect from head to toe and we feel so incredibly blessed beyond our imagination to have Jason in our lives...So here's the story for those of you that want to know.
Monday after a full day of shopping for bathtubs for the new place Bryan and I were talking and I mentioned about possibly leaking fluid, so we called the hospital since the doctors office was closed for Labor Day and of course the said to have it checked right way since I thought it'd been going on for about a day. Bryan and I decided to do what they said and we made our way in to Orem Community about 6pm. While we were here the nurse checked me and found that I was at a 6 and completely effaced, but not leaking fluid...she was pretty surprised to hear I had been walking around at a 5 and still had the baby inside of me. So the nurse told us she was going to call Dr. Young and come back. I told her we were to be induced on Wednesday, so I was okay going home within a few minutes another nurse came in and told us she was there to transfer us rooms, cause the doctor wouldn't let me go home, they checked me again and I was a 6+ almost 7 and Jason's little heart rate was a little weird... After we transfered rooms we called our parents and had our dads come over so they could assist with a blessing for me which was beautifully done by my dad. nurse also told us that Dr. young said that I had to decide right then and now if I wanted an epidural cause after he broke my water there wouldn't be time for one, so we had them call the on call "drug lord" because I still hadn't made my mind up, but then the nurse said that if you get you water broke and pitosin that it could hurt more than what it would sometimes, so I went with the drugs....We waited and by 8 when he showed up he had forgot his badge and you have to have a badge to get into the cart that holds all the drugs and Dr. Young didn't have his badge, so we now have two doctors without 2 badges, so they can't do anything at the hospital... Dr. Young got his first so he came in and broke my water before the epidural I started to register contractions on the monitor a little, but I wasn't feeling them and then right when the doc walked in with the epidural I had one "big one", the nurse asked me if I felt it and I told her a little, but it wasn't bad...so everyone got me all scared of the epidural and how bad it burns to put in...turns out for me it wasn't at all, until something sent a huge shock up my right leg and he had to try it again, but only the shock up my leg was bad... and the only pain I felt worth mentioning throughout the whole birth. After the epidural I got pretty sick and and my blood pressure dropped pretty low, which can be normal and they were prepared for with me and my history of pain meds, so the gave me something to spike it back up and at that point I just wanted to be in the dark with no noise cause everything was making me jumpy within the hour the nurse came back and told us I was at a 9 and then a whole bunch of people were in and out of the room setting things up and within 10 minutes at 10:35 the nurse Susie told me to take a deep breath and let it out I looked at her funny and she just said "your ready to push" so, I pushed and with in 2 pushes his head was crowning, by the third I got super sick and threw up (yeah I know gross), but she was prepared for that and said that most women do during or after labor and that it actually helps with pushing it uses the same muscles, so it was a benifit to me cause after 2 more sets of pushing Dr. Young came in and Jason was totaly crowning, he told me to push, but half way in the middle of it they told me to stop, cause he head was out and then all the sudden the rest of him was out at 10:54 our little man made it! All I could see was his little feet up in the air as the doctor was cleaning him out. they handed him to the respatory therapist cause he breathing was a little funny due to swallowing junk on the way out and being over heated. The team plunged him and cleaned him and got his breathing down and he was screaming the whole time, then they laid him on my chest...at last we meet....it was so overwhelming, Bryan and I couldn't stop staring at him. Everything seemed to be okay, so I fed him for the first time and then they let the family in to see him and everyone feel in love at first sight, of course :) So that is how Bryan and I became parents and how we fell in love all over again with a little man named Jason.
3 comments:
Welcome Jason!!! We're so glad you're here and that everyone is doing well!!! Congratulations to the happy families!!!
Congratulations! What a happy day!
Congrats to you both!! I am so happy for you, and I can't believe after the pregnancy that you've had that his birth was so smooth and awesome! What a little blessing!
Post a Comment