Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

34 week Ultrasound

Yesterday was our 34 week ultrasound! Can't believe we're getting so close to the end already time has gone so fast, but so slow it's really hard to define how I feel about it.  The tech measured Baby Jason in at 5lbs and 5oz already and it's said that babies gain about 1/2 a pound a week and still just over 5 weeks to go. We could end up with an 8 pounder and to some that might seem small, but to me 8lbs coming out of a small area is a little terrifying! Everything looked great the only concern is that my amniotic fluid is low which could be bad for the baby if it's too low. The ultrasound tech didn't seem to concerned, and we have and appointment with the doctor tomorrow, so we'll find out what he wants us to from here. We were told that I needed to rest more and to take in more fluids and when the doctor sees us he will most likely perform a non stress test... I'm not sure how much more rest you can get when you are already on bed rest and how much more fluid to take when you're hooked up to an IV everyday, but doctors orders... It's funny how when they first tell you something could be bad you go 'oh, okay, what should we do?' then you go home do those things and then it's nighttime and all you can think is 'is the baby okay, what else can I do, maybe it's nothing, no it's not nothing, I need to sleep, can't stress about this, what if sometime bad happens'   this was my night last night.   We got home had dinner and I was fine then we get in bed and I looked at Bryan and had my panic attack.  I'm not as concerned once I got it all out I am sure if it was really low that she would of sent me over to the hospital asap, but when you have nothing else to do but worry about your little man what else can you do, but worry. Reading about low fluid there was a lot about the baby not moving as much, which gave me reassurance, because this little man never stops moving! I'm sure the doctor will put our minds at ease tomorrow which I am anticipating very much! Other than that Baby Jason looks healthy and happy, she said he has little chubby cheeks and as always his hands were right by his face and feet in my ribs the whole ultrasound. I am so thankful for technology and the ability to see our baby and how he is doing it's just amazing, we brought along my mother in-law for the first time and it was sweet she just stood there sniffling. We are all so excited for his big day...whenever that will be!

1 comment:

Brossettelewis said...

To put your mind at ease, James had oligohydramnios the majority of their pregnancy (and Miles polyhydramnios). If it gets too low, like in James' case, you can not feel him move. You can feel you little man moving which is great :) . I know it's hard not to worry and google everything..google was my worst best friend. My boys were born at 34w2d and healthy. A partial silver lining is that you know what going on, and if he comes early it will not be a surprise. Congrats for reaching 34wks...keep on chugging.