Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 8, 2009

Tubes & More

Looks like I have been pinned down... at least a few hours a day. 
Throughout my pregnancy I have had a difficult time with staying hydrated and made a trip to the ER every 2 weeks for pain or just being super sick and it would always be because I was dehydrated and didn't have enough nutrition. The last two weeks have been really hard on me, i lost more weight and the Doc was concerned about me and the baby not getting what we needed in way of fluids...so... I now have a new body part, a picc line (for those of you that don't know what that is A picc line is basically a large IV hookup that is attached to my upper right arm, the tubing then follows a vein that goes up across my shoulder and down by my heart) This makes it easy to feed fluids through everyday from home and for all my meds to go through the IV. Now I and the baby will get what we need everyday. 
It may seem that I am calm about all of this, which I am now... we had a lot of thinking and praying to do before making this decision since it is invasive and any infection to the line is very scary. 
I am happy I wasn't the first one in my family to have to go through this. My older sister has been through the same thing, but much worse. Malinda gets much more sick than I have throughout pregnancy and has had a picc line, so she was able to talk me through the process and prepare me for everything and tell me what questions to ask (thanks minn!) 
Having fluid in me I definitely feel the difference in energy. I am not feeling great, but better and I am told I should only get better as time goes on and in September it'll all be over. 
And the rewards will be great!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Wow Angel, I'm sorry this has been so hard on you, but isn't it wonderful that we have such advanced medical care! I hope this continues to help you feel better and better. Let Kristin know if there's anything we can do to help.

Bronson Family said...

Um ya. You better call us and let us know what we can to do. I'm a little upset I had to find out about it on here, but I guess I'll forgive you this time. Just kidding. I understand, but seriously call us if you need ANYTHING! Promise me! I love you and I can't wait to meet the little trouble maker =)