Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 12, 2012

Friend

 Lately I have been thinking a lot about friends, old and new. I have been wondering why it is that some people can't get along, I have been baffled by this cause and effect in peoples lives for some time. Are we not made to be brothers and sisters? Are we not all God's children? Are we not all made the same inside? I have had my heart broken many times by those I call my friends, I have head my heart broken just as many times by my family, don't my friends deserve my forgiveness as my family does?

It is hard for me to not want people in my life, I want to know about people, I want to share with them who I am, I want to grow from them and hope that I have what they need as well. It is hard for me to imagine  Heavenly Father placing us on this Earth and not wanting us to be each other's friend, each other's family.
          
 "Compassion means to feel love and mercy toward another person. It means to have                sympathy and desire to relieve the suffering of others. It means to show kindness and tenderness toward another. The Savior has asked us to do the things which He has done, to bear one another’s burdens, to comfort those who need comfort, to mourn with those who mourn, to feed the hungry, visit the sick, to succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down" 

I love this quote.

I am challenging myself to be more open to new friends and people, even if they are only in my life for a moment. I challenge myself to build bridges where there gaping canyons of insecurity in past relationships. 

I want to love, real, unconditional love. I want to be the kind of woman who expects nothing in return and gives everything I have. I respect this type of person. I am in awe of those who give of themselves so freely. 


I want to be loved for who I am inside, the part of me that not everyone knows, the part of me that is good.

I want to love you for who you are. 

I want to love. 

No comments: