Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 12, 2012

True Friends

If you know me, you know I "pick people up" where ever I go. I have often been accused of having too many friends (how can you have too many friends?) I like people, I like getting to know people, I like to hear peoples stories (who they are, where they come from, what makes them them), I love learning new things from new people (and even old people), I love to surprise people with my stories, I love just the banter among people, I am a people person. I am who I am because of all these people. I am quick to make friends and quick to trust, so I have a lot of people in my life. I am not really a categorizing person, I don't like to classify people and would hope that others wouldn't do that to me, however I find that I have different types of friends, not that I treat these friends different (though at times maybe I should for their own sake) As I sit and analyze my friendships I find that I have all types of friends and I value all of them for what they are or even were. Through recent events (and not so recent events), however I have found that I have FRIENDS, true friends, friends who will do anything for me, friends who I know without a doubt will be there for me, friends who I consider family. It is of these friends that I write about today, two in particular. In light of a very recent birthday I dedicate this posting to you my friends, Adrienne and Ashley.
I don't very often go on my blog and and brag about anyone other than my studly husband or very handsome boys, but I feel that my friendship with these to beautiful women deserves some bragging, not because we have been friends for...oh... like 20+ something years and not because they are one of life's miracles being twins and all and not because they have put up with me all these years (enter sarcasm ;) ) but because these two ladies are two of the worlds, yes worlds greatest friends.
Some people think twins are the same person in different bodies, like because they look a like they must think a like, well I have something to say about that. Twins do look a like (hence the twin part), however twins do not have the same personality, they are two separate identities which is why I will here and now write some of the things I love about my wonderful sisters.
Adrienne- Oh man, if this girl were a red head... hehe talk about fire! I look at Adrienne and I see fire. Adrienne is ambitious, driven and dedicated to the end. I am inspired by Adrienne's drive, her passion for the things and people she loves and I love that if you hurt someone she loves you better pray that a hungry grizzly bear finds you before she does, because that fire she has is HOT! Adrienne never forgets to tell you how much she cares for you, she will tell you every day, till she is blue in the face, she never misses a chance to tell her loved ones what she thinks of them and it always makes my day. Adrienne is the type of friend who will barge in your house, do your laundry and tell you to say thank you before you even know what happened you're spurting out thank you. Adrienne is the type of friend, who will be in the delivery room with you even if her knees are shaking and she thinks she might vomit. Adrienne is the type of friend that you want on your side. Adrienne is the type of friend who will make your child walk all the way home from the park to tire him out, just so you can get some sleep that night. Adrienne has the voice of an angel, this woman's love of music blows my mind! I can imagine Jesus asking her to sing in Heaven for him, because I know she sings on Earth already for him. Adrienne's faith and strength is inspiring I am one lucky girl to call her my Friend and blessed to be able to call her Sister as I so often do.
Ashley- Have you ever seen a mama bear...? That's my Ashley. Ashely is radiant this woman practically glows and doesn't know it. If you are lucky enough to be this lady's friend you would know that she wants to know that you are okay, I am often asked by Ashley "How are you really" Ashley doesn't want the surface, she wants the uncut version from her friends and then she wants to know what she can do about it, how she can help fix it. This is the lady who you want on your team, Ash is one heck of a soccer mom, or softball wife or whatever sport she is watching,if you don't like noise at sporting events, you may not want to sit by this girl, but who doesn't like a good cheerleader? Ashley exemplifies the true meaning of the word MOTHER, I have never in my life seen a mother give so much to her child, I can only hope to be 1% the mother she is, it is her example that I follow when I show my children how I love them. Ashley is a walking testimony, her faith and trust in the Lord is unchallenged, I am inspired by her every day. Ashley is the type of friend who will rearrange her whole day just to take your child so you can have a break. Ashley is the type of friend who will laugh with you and help you see the absolute mess you are and then cry with you as you try to figure out how to get out of that mess.

These two ladies though it's impossible to compare them and they both have many of the same wonderful qualities many that I listed separately and many I can not list due to time and well there simply is not enough room on the world wide web to list all the great things about these two. I go way back with these two and know that this friendship will keep going and going. To have friends such as this is a blessing, a divine blessing that I believe Heavenly Father himself designed. With these two I have the type of friendship that you have to keep looking at your watch to make sure you make it home at least two hours later than you had planned and that your husband knows that you'll never make it home when you planned when you are with them. A friendship like this is the type that though you may not have the time to see each other as much as you would like, when you get together it's as though not a day has passed.
A friendship like this is special, it's not very common and it's a blessing, one of the biggest blessings of my life. I love you my wonderful friends!

1 comment:

The Kaufmans said...

I'm happy to know you are so well cared for :)