Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Idaho and Colorado


I deem this month Grandparents month.
This past weekend we had the wonderful opportunity to go up to Idaho to visit Bryan's grandparents. I absolutely love going to Emmett, many people think we're crazy, but we love it there. We love visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Adams, what amazing lives they have led, what amazing people they are, everytime I am there I learn something new about them. We also love the area, I can see us raising our family there. A lot of people look at me and think I'm a city girl, but in reality I am a country girl, I was born to live in the country and that is where I will end up...somewhere in the country with a moderate home, a large yard, 3 dogs, random cats (to get the little country mice), a small stock of corn for eating at my pleasure, a large pasture with a paint and Appaloosa grazing the field and a red barn, that is heaven to me. Now don't get me wrong I still want to be close to city civilization... a 30 minute drive should do it. I want to rais my children in an environment where they can learn to work hard, be outside and learn to use their imaginations, sure I can do that anywhere, but my heart is in the country and amazingly enough my husband understands and promises that one day we'll be there.
Next week we'll be heading to Colorado to my hometown to visit my grandparents in Limon. Another small town, but much much smaller than Emmett, if that's possible :D I love going out to visit with my grandparents, my grandma is the best cook you could ever meet, I could sit at the table all day and let her feed me anything she makes and die happy. I love to hear about all the stories of their past and looking at their bowling trophies. I love looking at all my grandparent's silver and turquoise rings and trying to figure out how old they are and where they got them from. It makes me sad that we moved so far from them and only see them once a year or so. I can't wait for another visit with my grandparents.

No comments: