Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 20, 2009

We're Pregnant!!!


Some of you may already know... and we are so sorry to those we haven't been able to tell personally yet. We are trying to spread the word ourselves now that we've decided to tell everyone. 
We are working on our 11 week and so far everything is going beautifully!  This news may come as quite a shock to some of you, I know it was for us... After almost 5 years of trying to have baby and 3 years really trying and thousands of dollars, surgery and hormones later, We are pregnant by ourselves, no help from medication or doctors or hormones, just the old fashion way and a gigantic miracle from our Heavenly Father!!! I have always resented those women that say..." it just happened" I always thought, 'yeah right...things like that don't happen 'just like that' for people like me' and here I am saying the same thing. It goes to show that our Father in Heaven is in complete control of certain things, such as when a child should be on earth. I've always struggled with our Father's will, I'm more of " My will be done" not the other way and this is my lesson that "my will" is something I need to work on changing to " His will".  We couldn't be more happy, ecstatic, blessed, freaked out, elated, scared, moved than we are right now. Just the knowledge that I can conceive (especially without meds) is a great blessing.  The surgery I had just about 2 years ago could be a big part of it, but the hormones are a killer, so i am happy to know that if we  can do it without them.  I know many women who have been "fertility challenged" and my heart goes out to them and their spouses. I can say I have been on that boat for sometime and I am certain there is not much more in this life that causes as much heartache as another negative pregnancy test after trying so hard for a baby. We thought long and hard about adoption and attended an orientation to get started and still plan one adopting, it's funny how two days before our orientation appointment I found out that I was pregnant. I am still very early and things can be scary still, but I couldn't wait any longer to spread the news to the world.  I have been monitored very closely the past few weeks, considered "at risk"  because of how long it's taken to get to this point, but our last appointment on Tuesday the doctor said that we are doing great, the baby was moving all over the place (like a fish, that's why the picture is so blurred) and the heartbeat is strong. I've been sick and tired, but nothing compared to others, so I can't complain and won't, because we are so happy!  Our due date is September 16th!  

6 comments:

Krista said...

This is so exciting you guys!!! I am beyond thrilled for you!! I hope the next several months are happy and healthy for you! YAY!!!!

Clint said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome! We have some friends that had a very similar story. We had just received the papers to fill out a recommendation for adoption for them and they got pregnant on their own. Sydnee and I are happy for you. Hopefully all goes well.

Bronson Family said...

You mean I can start sreaming it from the roof tops now =) I'm SOOO excited for you guys! This is going to be one spoiled kid!

Unknown said...

I couldn't be happier for you!! I can't imagine how hard this has been for you...but yipee for what is ahead!!! What an exciting time for your family. Happy pregnancy!

Kody and Malinda said...

We are so excited for you guys! My kids can't wait to meet their little cousin and it will be so fun to have kids the same age! Love you guys!

Nielson News said...

We are so happy for you guys! My mom called to tell us the news a couple of weeks ago and we were so thrilled for you! Kids are so much fun! Enjoy every minute of pregnancy...even the yucky ones! It goes by fast and it is such a miracle! Good luck with everything!